Sunday, January 5, 2014

Good Bye Surf Camp Hello Byron Bay

After surf lessons we left Coffs Harbour and made our way to Bryon Bay. We made a stop at Cape Byron Bay lighthouse for a few minutes.  It was beautiful right off the ocean.  A bit cloudy and misty but visible to see it pretty well.



After we stopped at the lighthouse we arrived in Byron Bay, it reminded me of a surfer town, lots of little shops that sell surf wear/gear, souvenir shops, and restaurants.  We are staying at a hostel where there are 6 girls in a room.  Bunk bed style like at surf camp.

After we got settled eight of us girls went out and walked around to find a place for dinner.  We wound up at a pizza and pasta place around the corner from the hostel called Earth and Sea.  It was very good.  And we had an enjoyable time just talking and catching up on whats been going on with the trip so far.


After dinner some people wanted different kinds of desserts.  Some wanted frozen yogurt, some wanted brownies, and others wanted Gelato.  I stayed back with one of the girls and got Gelato at a place called Bella Rosa.  She was hilarious as the gelato was dripping on her feet while she was walking.  I called her "sticky feet" ha ha. 
I couldn't resist but to take a picture of this flower power bus
First time for the two outside girls, Amy and Hayley to have frozen yogurt. 


As we arrived back at the hostel we met the other girls in their room.  We sat out on the balcony and just gossiped and talked about all sorts of things.  It was an amazing time hearing about everyone and their experiences.  One of the girls came up to me and asked me told me if I wanted to go kayaking with the dolphins the next day.  Look at the last picture, I look ecstatic to get to go!! Yay!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments about my trip!