Saturday, January 4, 2014

Coffs Harbour Surf Camp

We left Sydney and made our way on a long adventure of 8 hours up to Coffs Harbour Surf Camp.  Very long tiring trip on the coach.  When we got to the camp site, they had arranged us in bunk beds.  Here I am in my amazing bunk bed lol, not!! I look like a tomato from being so sunburnt.


Before dinner we hung out and just played games and got to know eachother.  Everyone started drinking cheap boxed wine.  That was pretty interesting.  Hung out with my roommates and the three guys from the tour.  Marcus and Freddie who are from Sweden, and Rick who is from South Africa.

They look so excited about the boxed wine

The guys pouring their wine
Look who I found, say cheese!!
Are you two tipsy already??


In line with the girls for dinner, figured we would do something while we wait


The after dinner festivities:

I think the pictures will speak for themselves.  

These suckers all volunteered.  What were they thinking?
Guess they didn't know they would have to dress up like women

After all the fun and games which lasted all night, it was time to call it a night since we had to get up early the next day for surf lessons.



Good morning, surfs up!!  Time to head to our morning lesson.

As we started our lesson the instructors were very thorough and detailed with taking the time to teach us how to get on a surf board.  We were split off into groups of people where we had one instructor per group.  The instructor brought us not too far out into the water to start.  He wanted us to get a feel for the water and the waves.  The instructor spent about 5 to 10 minutes with each of us to make sure we were getting on the surf board properly.  It took me several times to try standing up on the board, unfortunately due to not holding my hands and feet properly I continued to fall.  We were out in the water for about 2 hours with the instructor.  Had lots of time to practice getting on the board and controlling our stance.  I definitely think I need alot of practice with this activity.  Doesn't take just one time to be good at this.  I am not too fond of snowboarding and skate boarding.  The instructors thought it would help if we were used to doing either one of those activities.  He said it gives you good balance and helps you stay in control with your movements.

I noticed that there is not much time while you are out in the water to make mistakes.  The important thing is to focus on what the instructor says and do things their way not your way.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments about my trip!