Friday, January 3, 2014

Last Day In Sydney!!

The last day in Sydney the whole group headed to Manley Beach.  This is where I got the worst sunburn of the century.  I stayed on the beach with Pipp way longer than I should have.  After we left Manley Beach and headed back on the ferry, I couldn't even sit down I was in so much pain.  Just FYI make sure you take at least 50 SPF, otherwise you are sure to be burnt to a crisp otherwise.  Luckily I didn't have to go to the doctor.

Copenhagen Ice Cream is known for making homemade ice cream.  It is said by the locals that Copenhagen is the best ice cream shop in Australia.  Thats pretty high rated.  

Of course as you see I had to check it out before we left.  I can never pass up sweets!!  

They were pretty good.

My brits came and met up with me the last night.  I was so happy they came to hang out and say their good byes.  So a group of us all decided to go to dinner at the Opera House Bar and
then do some bar hopping.

I decided to sneak out for a bit and leave the group, so I could go and find some souvenirs before we left Sydney. I ventured off down to a local bookstore called Ariel Booksellers, I found a book called Farts around the World.  It looked really funny and the guy told me that it was a best seller.  I decided to buy the book, it is hilarious.  When you turn each page you press a certain number button and it makes different fart sounds for each country.  If your in a bad mood it will definitely make you laugh.  Then I walked down to an ice cream place that I heard is one of the best ice cream places in Sydney called Copenhagen.  You can see above how happy I was to be holding an ice cream lol.  After the ice cream shop I went back to the bar and rounded up my brits.  We made our way back to the train.  They helped me get on the right train, as I was sitting down on the train and the doors closed.  They stood outside to make sure I left ok and waved good bye.  I wanted to cry. I have been with them for the last four days straight its hard to part ways.  But I know sometime in the future I will see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments about my trip!