Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Another Day In The Upscale Surfer's Paradise

Today was a day to that we could do what we liked.  Some people went to the beach and others went to the pool since it was pretty fancy.  I headed to the pool and met a bunch of the others.  After that, my UK gal Liz and I headed to town.  She wanted to buy a few souvenirs and I wanted to try to get some free wifi to update my blog.  The walk felt so much longer than it did the day before.

We headed to Starbucks, just FYI you have to buy something in order to use the internet.  They limit you to 30 minutes max on the internet.  After the minutes were up we headed to McDonalds where the internet was free.  But the wifi wasn't working at all.  We spent a couple hours down there, when we headed back we walked along the beach.  Not too many people at the beach but the waves were kickin pretty high.  Unfortunately I didn't take pictures, so you will have to use your imagination on what the beach looked like, unless you decide to visit there.  I highly recommend going to Surfers Paradise.

Once we got back some people did certain activities, and others stayed behind at the hotel and had a bbq in the grill area over on the side of the hotel outside.  We got to meet the new people that came onto our tour halfway through.

After dinner we all decided to go out to a nightclub.  The DJ was hott and the place was poppin, lots of locals and tourists filled the place.  Our tour guide set us up to get free drinks at the club.   The place reminded me somewhat of a smaller Vegas nightclub, so I almost felt right at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments about my trip!