Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2 Day Farewell Dinner and After Drinks

Today most of the group is headed out to the Great Barrier Reef.  Sorry folks, unfortunately due to how rough I was warned the water would be heading out to the Reef, I opted out of going.  I decided to round up the leftover people that stayed behind and do some exploring in the town of Cairns.  Today was more of a free day.


After everyone got back from the Great Barrier Reef, we all got dressed up for our farewell dinner in Cairns.
We went to an Aborigine restaurant for our last meal together.  I tried kangaroo at this restaurant.  It tasted just like steak just cooked a little less than I would normally eat.  Above you see our tour guide making a speech, it brought tears to everyone's eyes. 
 



After the farewell dinner the tour guide took us to a local bar where everyone got crazy to music and danced!! Enjoy the photos. It was technically our last night of enjoyment with the whole group.










Local pub hotspot, pjobriens in Cairns



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments about my trip!